This two-year intensive Programme is offered by Regent University College of Science and Technology in partnership with the Faculty of Electronic Engineering and Media Technology of Deggendorf University of Applied Sciences, Germany. The programme aims to develop in the graduate, the skills that he or she needs to assimilate in a wide range of analytic, design and organizational aptitudes.
The following are the minimum entry requirements:
- Possession of a relevant Bachelor's Degree (at least 2nd class lower division) from a recognized University.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English.
Each candidate is expected to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled in Application Form - download from here.
- Certified copies of Bachelors Degree and other relevant certificates (include notarized English translations if the originals are not in the English language.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts embossed with the seal of the issuing university (include notarized English translations if the originals are not in the English language).
- Two filled and signed Referee Report forms, each with a recommendation letter attached. The recommendation shall be given by persons who are well acquainted with the applicant's work and studies and are in the position to judge the candidate's abilities to pursue a Master's degree.
- A personal resume/ CV in English.
- Two (2) passport size photographs.
- Theoretical computer sciences
- Theoretical electrodynamics
- Modelling and simulation (special fields)
- Communication technology III
- General scientific
- compulsory optional subject
Micro- and Optoelectronics Option:
- Microelectronics and technology of microsystems I
- Optoelectronics/lasertechnology I
- Communication technology II
- Numerical methods/data analysis
- Special fields of microelectronics and technology of microsystems
- Theory of electronic devices
- Special fields of optoelectronics/lasertechnology
Technical Computer Sciences Option:
- Communication and network technology
- Database systems
- Modelling and simulation
- Numerical methods/data analysis
- Software-engineering (special fields)
- Modern real-time operating systems
- Theory of digital image processing
The courses offered include practicals, team work and organizational skills; project design and laboratory work. The preparation will enable the graduate to function in various areas of technology such as:
- Computer and Internet Engineering
- Mobile and Digital Communications
- Power and High Voltage Engineering
- Communication Systems
- Automation Engineering
- Data Management Systems
- Software development for database systems
- Robotik with emphasis on autonomous systems
- Mechatronik mainly for gear control systems
- Microcontroller programming in the automotive area etc.
The periodic seminars on Management skills during the student's time at Regent-Ghana will prepare him/her not only as a route into engineering; but rather he/she may choose, instead, to pursue a career in research or in international marketing of technology, or aspire to senior management, with responsibility for major projects and teams of specialists. Alternatively, the graduate will be adequately equipped to lecture in a university or a tertiary institution or later decide to pursue a doctoral research. The graduate may decide to set up his or her own company.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Allied Sciences (FECAS) has been established as a pace-setter institution in Ghana to provide high quality and integrated ICT-based university education, having in mind the developmental and technological needs of the African continent.
Regent sees the study of the structure, behaviour, and the interactions of both natural and artificial computational systems as a discipline critical to the future development of science, technology and society.
In our fast-moving technology oriented world, the discipline of computer science in its various facets, is affecting every aspect of human endeavour. To reflect the ever-changing nature of computer science and its close interaction with other disciplines, the curriculum of the FECAS has taken into consideration broad range of programmes and disciplines.
Regent Ghana’s undergraduate degree programmes are designed to achieve balance between theoretical knowledge gained through lectures and practical knowledge acquired through hands-on experience. An overview of our undergraduate programmes can be found below.
The following are the departments under this school and the undergraduate degree programmes they each offer:
FECAS Leadership Team
Academic leadership is an expectation of every Faculty member and is a collective responsibility of each academic unit. However, Regent University’s large and diverse informatics and engineering programs require coordination and focus. These key leadership needs have become the responsibility of FECAS's leadership team; with membership composed of the Dean’s Secretariat, Heads of Departments, Faculty and Departmental Boards.
This team seeks to be a catalyst that enables and accelerates innovation, positive change, and continuous improvement.
H.O.D, Department of Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Lokman Erzen
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF)
The SURF programme is helping students across engineering, science, and technology disciplines discover a world of opportunity available to them through research. By closely working with other creative and innovative people, students explore, discover, and transform ideas into reality to advance society and improve people’s lives. The interdisciplinary nature of the research drives students to learn new concepts and skills for real-world impact.
SURF Programme Benefits
- Receive pay to conduct hands-on research under the direction of a faculty member and a graduate student
- Attend professional development and research seminars
- Present research discoveries at the SURF Symposium
- Enjoy social activities with other SURF students
- Celebrate at the end-of-programme banquet